Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
ACTI members are leaders in thinking and adoption of advanced core technologies. ACTI membership is open to all EDUCAUSE members, including organizations that function as units under an EDUCAUSE member (such as state education networks that are technically part of a university system).
Although membership is institutional, participants generally fall into either or both of two categories: professionals working directly on core technologies, and IT managers and leaders responsible for allocating resources and making other relevant institutional choices. ACTI members are active participants, engaged in both initiative-wide discussions and in ACTI working groups.
Collaborative - Action Oriented - Technology Driven
ACTI provides a support structure for higher education IT professionals to collaborate with their colleagues in tackling the technology challenges confronting our community. The benefits you'll receive as an active ACTI participant include:
- Opportunities for informal and informative conversations with community, industry, and government technology experts.
- Participation in a global community dedicated to the development of common practices and strategies, such as an interoperable, shared infrastructure.
- Involvement in projects that bridge the research and learning missions of higher education.
- The opportunity to convene face-to-face with colleagues from ACTI member organizations and invited guests at the Annual Meeting.
- Participation in regularly scheduled virtual briefings and meetings throughout the year.
- Recognition as a technology thought leader at EDUCAUSE conferences and events, as well as the opportunity to contribute to EDUCAUSE publications and other resources.
- A channel to EDUCAUSE leadership in which to recommend future directions the association might take regarding advanced core technologies.
- Dedicated EDUCAUSE staff support for the ACTI program, including executive-level participation.
- Analytical pieces and communications about advanced core technologies that can be used to share information with colleagues across your campus, facilitate discussion, and inform strategic planning and implementation.
- Regular member communications explaining the activities and findings of the ACTI groups and community.