The Corporate Connection
A free preconference event for corporate members and marketers
We have something new and exclusive for our corporate members at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 6-9, in Denver, Colorado. Join us for preconference sessions packed with selling and marketing methods your company can use to grow, while increasing your influence among higher education IT professionals. What's more, the program will offer industry-critical data that will inform your selling efforts.
Seats fill quickly, so RSVP by October 15 to indicate which sessions you'd like to attend.
The Power of Creativity: Thinking Outside Your Desk
On Tuesday, November 6, 9:00 – 10:20 a.m., our corporate members are invited to attend a special general session with Keith Powell, widely regarded as a business revivalist, with 30 years of sales and customer marketing industry knowledge. His creative presentation will help you discover who your ideal customers are, what your prospects want and need, and also uncover what your customers most value from your business, products, and services. Four key areas dealing with customer relationship management that Powell will cover include:
- The long term view - investing for the future of the customer partnership
- Making it easy for your customer to do business with you
- Making a commitment to your partners' success
- The power of action and active listening
During this interactive session, Powell will take audience questions and provide proven insights and answers to your most vexing sales issues.
Other November 6 preconference activities exclusively designed for our corporate members include:
- How EDUCAUSE Research Can Get You Closer to Your Customers (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.) – EDUCAUSE delivers higher education IT research to identify emerging trends, needs, and common and best practices. Topics range from workforce issues to BYOD, from analytics to the higher education enterprise application marketplace. Susan Grajek, Vice President, Data, Research, and Analytics, EDUCAUSE, will help you learn about current trends in higher education IT and how to benefit from all the research available to you.
- Talk With the Board (1:00 – 2:15 p.m.) – All corporate attendees will have an opportunity to provide feedback to the EDUCAUSE Executive Team and the association's board on current issues and critical items. Come to this informal gathering to check in, offer constructive ideas, and generate ideas.
- Start-Up Alley Advice (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.) – In this session, led by seasoned investors from GSV Advisors and other equity investment leaders, attendees will learn about the trends affecting deal making in this sector, gain practical insights into how to raise capital and fine-tune business plan pitches, and discover the do's and don'ts of funding start-ups in higher education.
- Coffee with Keith (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.) – Exclusive opportunity for our corporate partner members (Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze) to roll up their sleeves and have more in-depth dialogue with our guest speaker, Keith Powell, on specific sales and marketing challenges they're facing in the higher ed IT field. Keith will help you break out of that rut!
While there is no cost to participate, seating is limited at these events. Please RSVP to indicate your interest in attending, and be sure to reference which sessions you would like to attend.
Please note: sessions, times, and speakers subject to change.