Present and Collaborate
On-site Market Research
For the first time, corporations can now sponsor on-site market research at EDUCAUSE 2013. Companies will be able to leverage the professional services of an independent third-party research firm during the conference to explore topics of importance with highly qualified and targeted respondents, such as:
- Market perceptions of products and services
- Competitive intelligence
- Purchasing intentions and budget levels
- New product and/or service testing
- Perceptions of market needs
- Market trends
Available research formats include cost-effective written assessment surveys, in-depth face-to-face interviews, and moderated discussion groups.
Written assessment surveys consist of up to 13 closed-ended questions and 2 open-ended questions, with 60 attendees, whose personal characteristics are defined by the company. These surveys include quantitative and qualitative analysis and a written report of findings.
The in-depth face-to-face interviews, last up to 15 minutes each, with 30 attendees, whose personal characteristics are defined by the company. These face-to-face interviews include qualitative analysis and a written report of findings.
The discussion groups are 45-minute focus group sessions with 5-7 attendees, whose personal characteristics are defined by the company. These focus group sessions include qualitative analysis and a written report of findings.
Sessions [Sold Out]
Participate in a 50-minute session that brings together corporate and institutional thought leadership in a dynamic discussion of common challenges and opportunities, aimed at providing desired outcomes and advancing the practical and innovative use of technology in higher education.
These sessions are not for the purpose of marketing and/or sales, but rather are designed to facilitate intentional dialogue, bridge R&D, and promote product development. Corporations will need to submit a 50-word proposal with topic and description, which will be approved by EDUCAUSE. Your session day and time will be slotted based upon your topic and how it best fits within the overall conference program.
Cost: $4,300 member / $4,500 nonmember
This session is a presentation given by a client of a corporation, with a representative from that corporation present to add to the discussion. Your client will demonstrate the benefits your company solutions have had on their campus, enabling them to speak to general benefits for other campuses. A time for Q&A is a key opportunity to provide valuable interaction among the client, corporation, and audience.
Corporate and Campus Hot Topic Panel
This session consists of a panel of three representatives (at least one institution is required) and a moderator. The topic should address a hot topic of key interest to higher education. They will present emerging trends, research, strategies, technologies, and offerings of their business. Topics should be addressed at a thought-leadership level and provide session participants with opportunities to understand current and future products and services and the potential benefits for their institutions.
Hot topic panel sessions should be focused on one of the Top-Ten IT Issues from 2013:
- Leveraging the wireless and device explosion on campus
- Improving student outcomes through an approach that leverages technology
- Developing an institution-wide cloud strategy to help the institution select the right sourcing and solution strategies
- Developing a staffing and organizational model to accommodate the changing IT environment and facilitate openness and agility
- Facilitating a better understanding of information security and finding appropriate balance between infrastructure openness and security
- Funding information technology strategically
- Determining the role of online learning and developing a sustainable strategy for that role
- Supporting the trends toward IT consumerization and bring-your-own device
- Transforming the institution's business with information technology
- Using analytics to support critical institutional outcomes
Technology Solutions Presentation
This session addresses technology issues facing campuses today—presenting innovative, technical solutions and resources that are used on campuses. Presented by representatives from corporations and/or institutions, they run during the same time as concurrent sessions on Wednesday and Thursday.
Private Meeting Suites in the Exhibit Hall [Sold Out]
Make it easy to meet with clients throughout the day. Located on the exhibit floor, suites are open during exhibit hall hours. Note: You must be an exhibiting company to secure a meeting suite.
All suites include:
- 13' x 13' x 8' hard-wall rooms with lockable door in the exhibit hall
- No ceiling
- Standard carpet
- Identification sign with company name
- Internet access
- Basic electricity
Note: Suite must remain 13' x 13' x 8'
Additional In-Suite Opportunities:
- Company can order furniture for suite (through Freeman)
- Company can serve food and beverage in suites (arranged through ARAMARK)
- Company can brand the inside and outside of suite (through Freeman)