Registration for Media Representatives
The EDUCAUSE Annual Conference brings together IT leaders and professionals in higher education, corporations who offer products and services to this community, and media representatives who cover the sector. Representatives of print and electronic media focusing on information technology and higher education with plans to cover EDUCAUSE 2013 may request complimentary media credentials for registration.
NOTE: Only two complimentary registrations per publication/organization will be allowed, regardless of an individual's affiliation or place of employment. Complimentary registration covers only the conference proper and does not include preconference seminars, which have separate registration fees.
If you wish to request credentials, please contact:
Marketing Manager, Conferences
Audio and Video Recording Guidelines
For those media personnel who have not been engaged by EDUCAUSE, the following recording guidelines have been put in place to ensure participants have a positive conference experience.
- No recording for commercial purposes is allowed at the conference at any time whatsoever without prior permission from EDUCAUSE as well as the speaker(s) if relevant.
- Presentations and associated materials are the intellectual property of the presenter; no conference session or activity may be recorded in any medium without presenter permission.
- Regardless of whether presenter permission has been secured, EDUCAUSE reserves the right to ask any attendee to move within or leave a session venue if their use of technology is disruptive to speakers or other attendees.
- Equipment and/or participant interviewing is prohibited in common walkways and public spaces if it impedes conference “traffic flow”. EDUCAUSE staff will determine whether recording equipment or activity is impeding conference traffic. Failure to abide by EDUCAUSE staff decisions on the need to relocate or cease activity may result in expulsion from the conference.
- Exhibit hall recording is only allowed by an exhibiting company (or its designated representatives) within its own booth space. No recording is allowed within walk ways or shared locations of the greater exhibit hall.