Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
As you face budget challenges and an ever-changing playing field in higher education IT, exceptional management and leadership skills are in demand now more than ever. EDUCAUSE offers several programs to enhance your success as a current or future IT manager and leader.
The EDUCAUSE Institute
As you face an ever-changing playing field in higher education IT, exceptional management and leadership skills are in demand now more than ever. EDUCAUSE offers several opportunities.
Immersive Cohort-Based Programs
Across the EDUCAUSE Institute Programs, you'll find dynamic experiences designed to enhance your higher education IT management and leadership skills. Program faculty are executives and leaders from higher education institutions and associations, government, and the private sector committed to facilitating the exchange of information and ideas through collaborative dialogue.
Decide on the program that's right for you and download our helpful PDF infographic >>>
18 hour face-to-face programming and peer networking, co-located with EDUCAUSE Connect locations
Face-to-face programming and peer networking, co-located with EDUCAUSE Connect locations
A week-long residential program offered each summer
- This program is for existing managers with some supervisory experience.
- Practical skill development in effective management, particularly organizational management skills related to managing people, one's interactions on campus, and working collaboratively with other people.
July 24–28, 2017 | Long Beach, California
- This program is for an experienced individual in a learning technology position who aspires to a leadership role.
- To understand higher education leadership, attributes of effective leaders, and strategic skills for influencing decision-making.
July 24–28, 2017 | Long Beach, Calfornia
A week-long residential program offered once a year
- This program is for a new CIO or an experienced senior-level leader aspiring to CIO/executive-level leadership.
- Critical success skills for executive leaders and keys to understanding institution-wide IT strategy.
July 10–14, 2017 | Long Beach, California
(Requires application)Established in 2000 and co-hosted by EDUCAUSE and the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR); successor to the Frye Leadership Institute
An intensive week-long residential program coupled with online cohort meetings after the face-to-face program
- This program is for CIOs, librarians, information technology professionals, or administrators with at least seven year's experience.
- Dialogue-based exploration of higher education challenges, empowering senior library and information technology leaders to initiate conversations and take action on critical issues.
June 11–16, 2017 | Washington D.C.
Led by experienced community leaders, EDUCAUSE Institute Roundtables bring role-based cohorts together for discussions on current issues and campus challenges across the higher education landscape, with opportunities for networking before and after.
Participant and Professional Goals
3-hour discussions held at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting and EDUCAUSE Connect events; limited to 50 higher education CIOs
A networking and mentoring experience integrated over four days at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference
- The Senior Directors Seminar is an integrated professional development experience for individuals in specific roles within higher education IT and who are attending the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference. (NOTE: Separate registration and fees are required. The programming provides over eight hours of training, peer networking, and mentoring offered by highly experienced leaders.)
October 25–28, 2016 | EDUCAUSE Annual Conference; Anaheim, California
A networking and mentoring experience integrated over three days at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference
- The Hawkins Leadership Roundtable convenes new CIOs and those actively seeking a CIO role to focus on high-level IT questions, discuss important IT leadership issues, and engage in intensive networking with peers and experienced CIOs. The roundtable has limited seating and is reserved for those who have not previously participated in the HLR.
October 26–28, 2016 | EDUCAUSE Annual Conference; Anaheim, California
Facilitated by experienced community leaders, EDUCAUSE Institute Seminars bring small cohorts together for active dialogue on a focused topic.
Participant and Professional Goals
EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Leadership Seminar
A deeper learning session combining leadership and expertise on a topic threaded throughout the annual meeting program
The Leadership Seminar is designed for senior campus leaders who advance teaching, learning and student success across the institution.
February 13–15, 2017 | ELI Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas