Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Special Topic Events
These events provide in-depth exploration of focus areas including Administrative IT; Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance; Teaching and Learning; and Research through online and face-to-face experiences.
Focus Area and Special Topic Events
EDUCAUSE organizes its efforts around main IT focus areas—Administrative IT; Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance; and Teaching and Learning. Associated with these focus areas are events which concentrate on IT topics relevant to each. In addition to these, special topic events are available to provide a more in-depth exploration of IT leadership and management areas.
- The Administrative IT Summit convenes higher education CIOs, chief business officers, and other senior leaders to explore critical challenges in the field. For 2014, the Summit focuses on issues institutions face as they transition to the next generation of administrative systems: appropriately defining administrative systems’ value, assessing the potential of process reengineering to increase that value, and developing effective sourcing strategies.
Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- The Security Professionals Conference is the premier cybersecurity gathering for those in the higher education community responsible for the protection of privacy and data flowing in or out of an institution. Offered both face-to-face and online, the conference directly benefits you and your institution through an infusion of fresh energy and ideas along with validation of current practices.
Teaching and Learning
- ELI offers the teaching and learning community various opportunities for engagement and interaction, both online and face-to-face, throughout the year. Participate in online focus sessions, seminars and courses and attend one of the largest gatherings of higher education teaching and learning professionals each year at the ELI Annual Meeting.
- In 2014, this gathering of ECAR subscribers focuses on research computing in higher education. Participants hear from invited speakers and ECAR Working Group members, who collaborate on projects that advance emerging technologies important to colleges and universities. The intimate size of the meeting ensures dynamic dialogue, both during the program and in networking breaks.
- This annual conference, co-sponsored by NERCOMP, an EDUCAUSE Association Partner, is held in the Northeast and brings together higher education IT professionals to explore technology innovations.
Innovate, collaborate, and build creative solutions in a rapidly changing environment. - See more at: http://nercomp.org/index.php?section=events&evr_region=11&duration=past#sthash.g0r4IhnG.dpuf
- EDUCAUSE Live! is a series of free, hour-long interactive webinars on critical information technology topics in higher education. Each webinar is delivered live using online audio and video/image presentation technology, allowing you to interact directly with the host and guests through your web browser.
- EDUCAUSE Sprints bring the community together on big topics in higher education IT. A Sprint is a free, online experience that focuses on a single, important topic. Through online discussions, webinars, and shared resources, the experience provides an opportunity to share information and lessons-learned and surface important questions we need to be thinking about.