Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Web Portals Survey Questions
Thanks for those who attended our constituent group meeting in Anaheim last week. I thought we had some great conversation and I certainly learned a few things.
One of my tasks from that meeting was to organize a survey of this list regarding what portals are being used across institutions. I haven’t looked but I’m guessing Educause has a wiki or other publishing tool we can post the results to. I can post on my site if not.
I can keep the survey short and sweet and just ask the obvious question about what portal is everyone using, but we could also use this as an opportunity to ask some more details about how people are using it, if it’s a good investment, etc. Below are some questions I’ve come up. What else should we take inventory of?
1. What portal product are you using? Choose more than one if you have to (checkbox) uPortal, Liferay, Drupal, Homegrown, Banner/SCT, PeopleSoft Oracle, SharePoint, Page o’ links, Other. [what else should we list here?]
2. My greatest frustration with our portal is: (essay)
3. The most useful thing we have in our portal is: (essay)
4. In the next 2-4 years I see our portal doing/looking like: (essay)
5. If you’d be willing to share your contact info so that others can follow up with your responses, fill out your name and contact info here (fill in).
Director, Internet Development
University of Kansas Medical Center