Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
FW: Updated version of UTRC Network Dashboard
Message from email@example.com
Margaret H. Knox firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Information Officer (CIO) (512)322-3774
The University of Texas System
CTJ 2.218 78701
As promised, attached is the most recently updated version of the Network 1.0 matrix. Please note that it is still based on a completion date of Dec 31, 2012. As I mentioned at SLC we have pushed back the completion date to May 1, 2013, The next version will reflect that change but as I indicated, we have little time to relax given all of the tasks that must be completed at all of the sites.
Please recall that Iâ€™ve asked the CIOâ€™s to;
1. Mange this project on your campus as high priority.
2. Verify with your respective POC that the current information (especially the dates) are accurate and achievable.
3. Make sure you understand what UTRC Network Campus Connection Option is being installed on your campus. (I know, we need to change the DMZ label J)
4. Verify that your boarder router and firewall have been ordered and reflect that in the next matrix update.
5. Order the necessary campus networking components that will connect your 2 PIâ€™s. No reason to wait until all previous steps are done; you should be working on this concurrently.
6. Make sure your connected PIâ€™s are in the loop in anticipation of end-to-end testing.
Please ensure that your POC updates the matrix the day prior to the bi-weekly UTRC Network Sub-committee call (the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month). I had intended on sending you this on a monthly basis but for the time being, we will send it out after every Network Sub-Committee meeting.
Thanks for your attention to this and I know you understand how important it is to our joint future. Again if you have any questions â€“ feel free to contact Wayne or me as appropriate.
Again in response to Maurice and perhaps others, if there is a UTRC topic update youâ€™d like to have let me know at York@uthscsa.edu