Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
GIS Conference at Bucknell University
Message from firstname.lastname@example.org
Bucknell University is seeking presenters and participants for a fall 2012 conference, GIS & Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum
- What: Conference on current challenges and emerging opportunities in GIS and spatial analysis in undergraduate teaching and research. Intended for faculty and GIS/IT staff with an interest in using GIS for teaching and/or research in higher education.
- When: November 16-18, 2012
- Where: Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA. Click here for a map.
- Details: Visit the conference website for details on registration, schedule of events, and submitting presentations and maps.
- Deadlines: Deadline for early bird registration is August 31, 2012. Deadline for presentation and map submissions is September 14, 2012.
- Keynotes: Keynote presentations by Anne Kelly Knowles, Middlebury College; Diana Stuart Sinton, University of Redlands; and Jeremy Crampton, University of Kentucky.
We have chosen a work-group format for the conference in order to maximize opportunities for discussion and brain-storming amongst participants. The main day of the conference will feature five work-group sessions, each consisting of 45 minutes of presentations and 45 minutes of open discussion organized around a theme. We are seeking 3 presenters and 1 chairperson for each of the 5 sessions. See the submissions page for a detailed description of the session topics:
- Mapping Human Activity – Qualitative Analysis GIS
- Quantitative Analysis & Technical Applications of GIS
- GIS in Pedagogy
- GIS in Community Outreach & Service Learning
- Software & Data Issues in GIS Instruction
Library and Information Technology
GIS Blog: http://giszone.blogs.bucknell.edu
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.