Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Message from firstname.lastname@example.org
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.
This item is related to the previous email I sent out earlier. I wanted to keep the discussion tread separate just because we may have a different audience for each item. BYU–Idaho serves about 25,000 students each year; we have 65 full-time employees and 120 student employees in our IT department. I would like to compare our IT staffing level to other institutions of our size. You can send me your information if you want to help with this. I will gather data, analyze, write a report, and share the results with everyone.
BYU–Idaho IT is made of the following departments:
· Infrastructure (Server management, VoIP, networking, data center management, etc.)
· Technology Support (PC support, email, SharePoint, web)
· Academic Technology (faculty training, learning object development, LMS support, computer lab support, Help Desk for all of IT operations, etc.)
· Technology Implementation Services (Project management, business analysis, software engineering for in-house development)
· Enterprise Information System (ERP support)
· DBA and BI reports to the Associate CTO who is the enterprise architect
· We have one business analyst, one security officer, and one associate CTO