Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Technology Fee question
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.
Happy Holidays to one an all. If you can do me the favor of a reply it will be deeply appreciated.
I am putting together a proposal on a Technology fee and would like to understand the following:
1. Do you have a Technology Fee in place today at your institution? If so how long has the fee been in place?
2. What is the amount of the fee?
3. How is the fee constructed is it by semester, by credit hour etc…?
4. Is it a standalone fee just for the IT department or is it combined with other areas/items either related to IT or non IT-related
5. How is the fee collected and allocated for spending
6. How often is the fee amount evaluated for increase and/or reduction?
7. What are the main tenants associated with how the funds are spent (Maint/Operations, Major IT Capital efforts, R&D for new technology etc...)
Thanks in advance for the time and effort.
Wm. Kenneth Freeman
Wm. Kenneth Freeman, CIO
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119-3194