Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Web Content Management Systems
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is about to begin looking at web content management systems to deploy for use throughout our institution and its campuses. As part of our pre-planning, we would like to solicit feedback from other institutions about the systems they have implemented to manage their web content. If possible, please take a few minutes to answer the following questions. Please respond to email@example.com. I’ll be glad to summarize results to the list, if there is interest.
1. What vendor or open source Web Content Management System (WCMS) have you implemented at your institution?
2. Are you satisfied with the WCMS you have implemented or are you looking to replace it in the future?
3. Have you found the WCMS to be scalable to the needs of your institution?
4. Approximately how many users do you have utilizing the WCMS?
5. Approximately how many files are being managed by the WCMS (html, pdf, images, etc.)?
a. If you have a vendor system, are you satisfied with the support you are receiving?
b. If you have an open source system, how many FTE do you have supporting the system?
7. Have you found any drawback or limitations with the system?
8. Is the system integrated with any other systems at your institution?
Please feel free to share any other comments you may have.
Associate Vice Chancellor, System CIO
Office of the CIO
Texas Tech University System
(806) 742-5168 fax