Hi Scott -
I agree with Jeff about Fusion. I have not attended one yet, but have compared conference content and attendees' feedback. Also, check if in your city there is an active itSMF chapter. Here in Houston there is one and you get to meet with experts in the topic, and hear of solutions and implementation. Meetings are free.

Rita

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "Toaddy, Jeffrey" <toaddyjm@MIAMIOH.EDU> wrote:

Miami has sent IT staff to both. I personally have attended FUSION the last few years, and am signed-up for Nashville as well. FUSION has a small but active contingent of higher ed folks, which adds value. The presentations at FUSION are diverse in topic and background. I hear Pink has a bit more conference panache, but the ITIL discussed has a Pink tint (for better or worse).

As an unsolicited extra regarding your tool selection: A common pitfall is to buy a tool before knowing exactly what you want to accomplish with it, usually resulting in over-buying. My recommendation is to figure out what your business needs, figure out how IT needs to change to support that, figure out which ITIL pieces you want to use over the projected 3-5 year life of your tool decision, then pick the tool. Forrester and Gartner have good information on this if you'd like to read more.

Jeffrey Toaddy
Miami University

Comments

Scott-

I have attended the last 2 HDI/itSMF Fusion conferences, and found the content to be excellent. The conference I definitely geared towards ITSM practitioners. Many sessions are fellow professionals describing how they implemented an iTSM process or tool an it always great to hear from a colleague rather than a vendor.

Also I will be attending fusion this year and as we have done in previous years, we will try to have a HigherEd meetup.

Matt

Rita

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "Toaddy, Jeffrey" <toaddyjm@MIAMIOH.EDU> wrote:

Jeffrey Toaddy
Miami University

Message from dtyre@miami.edu

I agree, I really like Fusion.  I was able to present at last year’s conference in Dallas and I  found to be a very rewarding experience and learned a lot from many other presenters.  It’s too late for this year, but if you ever get a chance to present, go for it.   I have been to Pink and enjoyed that as well, but Fusion is more “intimate”.

Doug Tyre

IT Service Management Professional

Ph: 305-284-5971   ■   dtyre@miami.edu

From: The EDUCAUSE ITIL Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:ITIL@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Wollman, Matthew
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:24 AM

Hi Scott -

Rita

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "Toaddy, Jeffrey" <toaddyjm@MIAMIOH.EDU> wrote:

Jeffrey Toaddy

Miami University

I attended a Fusion conference several years ago and enjoyed it after being a long time HDI attendee. This year’s lineup looks great, but frustrating as Monday’s schedule has way too many sessions I want to attend!

Matt - How do I get connected with the HigherEd meetup? This will be my first Fusion conference as a HigherEd employee.

From: The EDUCAUSE ITIL Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:ITIL@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lisa Kass
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:54 AM
To: ITIL@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [ITIL] Which Conference(s) to attend

Scott:

I have attended Pink and FUSION and received value out of both.  That said, I agree that FUSION is geared more toward practitioners and I was really able to build relationships and expand my network of peers who are also fighting the good service management fight.  I especially enjoyed the Birds of a Feather lunch tables where I was able to meet my higher ed peers and hear about their experiences on this often challenging service management adventure.

Best regards,

Hi Scott -

Rita

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "Toaddy, Jeffrey" <toaddyjm@MIAMIOH.EDU> wrote:

Jeffrey Toaddy

Miami University

I will send more information as we get closer to October.

Matt

---------------------------

Matthew L. Wollman

IT Service Management Analyst – Incident and Problem

Harvard University Information Technology

Support Services | IT Service Management

P 617 496 1891

M 617 285 6952

1 Oxford Street, Room 209

Cambridge, MA 02138

www.harvard.edu/huit

From: The EDUCAUSE ITIL Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:ITIL@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Anita Nichols
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:26 PM

Hi Scott -

Rita

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "Toaddy, Jeffrey" <toaddyjm@MIAMIOH.EDU> wrote:

Jeffrey Toaddy

Miami University

Matt and I will make sure that information is shared here as well as on the itSMF USA - Higher Ed SIG LinkedIn page.  Join both groups and help us build service management as an important part of IT in higher ed.

itSMF USA - Higher Ed SIG

Lisa

Lisa Kass

Associate Director, Service Management

University of Southern California

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:23 PM
To: ITIL@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [ITIL] Which Conference(s) to attend

I will send more information as we get closer to October.

Matt