Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Google Apps for Students & Office 365 for Employees?
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.
We have our students moved to Google Apps, more than a year ago, and are debating on moving employees over to Office365/live@edu, currently using MS Exchange 2003. I would like to ask those individuals who have already or planning to move to this kind of split cloud environment.
My questions are:
1. What were your reasons for having two separate e-mail environments?
2. Are there any issues for users with this split (faculty/Staff and Students)
3. Are there any mail routing issues (mail delays etc.)
4. Is there a significant increase in administering 2 separate systems (Sys Admins)
5. Are you comfortable with your decision or would you have done anything different.
Thanks in advance.
Director, Information Systems & Technology
2450 Campus Box
Elon, North Carolina 27244-2010