Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Cannon School (Concord, NC) | Seeks Director of Educational Technology
Message from firstname.lastname@example.org
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.
I have been asked to share this opportunity.
Director of Education Technology
The Director of Educational Technology at Cannon School is a new position whose major responsibility is to direct and integrate the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Cannon School technology program in all its academic and technical dimensions.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee curriculum issues directly related to technology curriculum for grades JrK-12.
- Lead updates to technology strategic planning.
- Assure success by involving owners, pushing decisions, communicating progress, and monitoring outcomes.
- Manage and evolve superior security for the School’s infrastructure as well as for student, faculty, and staff devices and software.
- Recruit and retain the IT staff whose skill sets are differentiated by academic or technical backgrounds.
- Maintain the Senior Systems environment with timely scheduled upgrades, changes that improve capabilities, and routine training for users both new and experienced.
- Manage the technology department's financial resources including justifications, plans, tracking, estimations, proposals, and budgets.
- Source and update policy that supports technology in the hands of students, faculty, and staff.
The requirements for this position are:
- Four or more years of experience serving academic needs in an educational setting.
- Leading a group with network, desktop, ERP, internet, intranet, and SaaS environments.
- Knowledge and leadership for servers, security, networks, voice systems, handhelds, connectivity, vendors, and approaching technologies.
- Knowledge of Learning and Classroom Management tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while staying well organized.
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum; Masters degree preferred
Jason T. Ramsden
Chief Technology Officer
7409 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
The Ravenscroft community, guided by our legacy of excellence, nurtures individual potential and prepares students to thrive in a complex and interdependent world.
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and should not be disseminated without permission. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any mistransmission. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system immediately. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ravenscroft.
Note: This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal SMTP. Ravenscroft accepts no liability for any damage caused by viruses transmitted by this email. In addition, Ravenscroft reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.