Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
LAST DAY! Early Bird Registration for Open Apereo 2013 (Jasig/Sakai) Ends Today!
OPEN APEREO 2013 (Jasig/Sakai) CONFERENCE
"Opening Minds to Open Solutions"
June 2-7, 2013 San Diego Westin - San Diego, CA
Dear Apereo and Open Source Communities,
Don't forget to register for the Apereo conference and reserve your hotel rooms today, Friday, May 3 by midnight US Pacific Time! This is the last day to secure your early bird discount for our annual summer conference. And we've got an amazing line-up of presentations as well as interactive events!
· Two Great Keynotes: We're excited to share that our second keynote speaker is Marilyn McMillan, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Technology Officer at New York University. She will be speaking about "Openness and the 21st Century University." McMillan joins our other keynote speaker, Theresa Rowe, Chief Information Officer of Oakland University, who will be talking about "Challenges, Encouragement, and Women in IT - Does it Matter?" Don't miss these great presenters!
· Amazing Program: We have a robust program filled with over 100 presentations by over 150 speakers representing more than 60 organizations from around the globe!
· Networking Cafe and Collaboration Time: You asked for it in your evaluation feedback and we responded. We've carved out time for you to network and collaborate during the conference. On Monday afternoon there will be an exciting round-robin Networking Cafe where you can find and meet like-minded attendees to share ideas and work together on common issues. On Wednesday afternoon we've cleared the deck right after lunch so you can break away and work together on projects.
· Lightning Talks: There will be several opportunities for YOU to share your insights and best practices using Apereo and open source solutions. On Tuesday and Wednesday, in the late afternoon, there will be open spaces for short 5-7 minute lightning talks. We'll have a room dedicated to "teaching" and a room dedicated to "developing." Sign-ups will be at the conference and open to all!
· Project Talks: On Monday morning, we'll offer a series of quick project talks. If you are new to Apereo, these sessions will offer a quick overview of each of the major projects, what they are about, and how you can benefit and get involved.
· Collaboration Space: Each year we offer a dedicated room for collaboration. This room will be open throughout the conference for drop-in work. After an exciting presentation, keep the momentum going! Jump into the collaboration room and knock out a project plan, whip up that code, and compete with your peers on the fastest check-ins!
· Social Events: For this year’s conference, we are planning a number of social events that will let you get to know other attendees in a fun and casual setting. Some of these events have a limited capacity and are offered on a "first come, first served" basis. Many have deadlines to sign-up by May 27, so we encourage you to visit the social events page for details, and then sign-up for an event as soon as you've registered for the conference.
· Pre-Conference Workshops: There are many great opportunities to dive into specific projects to gain in-depth knowledge about launching and using popular solutions like Sakai, uPortal, eportfolios, CAS, uMobile, portlets, and Grouper. Several of the workshops are free, so don't miss this opportunity!
· And it's all happening in sunny, beautiful San Diego, California!
Whether you're an educator, developer, administrator, instructional designer, support specialist, or just a technology enthusiast -- there's something for everyone at this year's conference!
Please join us in Opening Minds to Open Solutions!
· CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: http://bitly.com/apereo13registration
· HOTEL REGISTRATION: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/apereo
· FULL PROGRAM: http://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/sessions/apereo13
· VISUAL PROGRAM: http://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/grid/apereo13
· SOCIAL EVENTS: http://conf2013.apereo.org/events
Ian Dolphin, Executive Director, Apereo Foundation
Patty Gertz, Associate Director, Apereo Foundation
Jim Helwig, Planning Committee Chair
Alan Regan, Program Committee Chair