Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Enterprise DLP Solutions
We are looking at Data Loss Prevention solutions and I would like to know about your experience with purchase, deployment and use/satisfaction with your product. We currently use a data detection tool Identity Finder but we are not using the encryption or scrubbing modules. We want to know what else others are using and finding successes with. Does your product meet your expectations for improving data loss prevention without generating more Help Desk calls than you can manage?
1) What DLP product did you install and what other one did you compare it to?
2) Did you install the complete DLP or just the data detection? Are you planning to install other modules if so which ones?
3) Was the vendor training adequate for your employees and how many FTE’s does it take to manage?
4) What are some of your lessons learned from the purchase, and or implementation?
5) What do you know now that you wish you had known before you started choose your DLP solution?
Sylvia A. Barnes MISS, CISSP
Information Security Analyst
California State University, Northridge
The foregoing electronic transmittal/document is sensitive and was solely intended for the name recipient any reply and further distribution may not be done without the express consent of the author or the CSUN Information Security Department. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return e-mail or phone call.