Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
see you in Anaheim Tuesday. draft agenda below
Software Licensing Issues <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
October 15, 2013
5.30 PM â€“ 7.30 PM Pacific Time
Welcome and Agenda Review â€“
- Sign up sheets
- Ask for note taker
- Add, delete items, and assign times.
- Note, Adobe needs to go first due to schedule conflict
- Note, meeting is not being webcast
Areas suggested â€“
Adobe and similar softwareâ€”
- Poll, how many have signed up this year for CLP, ELA, ETLAs (do we understand the difference with ELA and ETLA)
- MHEC RFP?
- What did your ETLA look like
- What about an offering of ~ $1.67/month if you bought in quantities of say 500 at university level and if your edu folk subscribe on their own, how about $5/mo unless quantities get on up to institutional level.
- Other ideas?
- Microsoft â€“
- Any upcoming or recent licensing changes of interest
- Construction debris left in EULAs
- How do you provide access to the software for a CA? Thru a LAR, reseller, 3rd party (Kivuto), internal server? (show of hands and comments)
- Other Major Areas (fill in) such as
General including VDI, VCL, general contractingâ€”
- Click through agreement discussion for state (and private?) institutions such as Google Marketplace (e.g., governing law)
- And Apps
- Purchasing fragmentation and contract review due to subscription and cloud models for individuals. Implications if accessed from institutional machines. Financial impact replacing univ-vendor with client-vendor
- Fruitless haggling with vendors
- What about a common template for public institutions to address common interests?
- Virtualized distance learning with several unrelated entities working togetherâ€”who is â€œusâ€, â€œour studentsâ€, â€œour computersâ€ etc. Who can sign? Whose contract applies if different? Does each campus have to sign own BAAs, FERPA etc agreements?
- Lunches here at meeting?
- Additional ideas to improve?