Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Apple Petition- Mid-Week Sanity Check
Those interested seem to agree that we’d discuss specific pain points regarding “those other” Apple devices like AppleTv and any AirPlay/Bonjour-dependent gadgets until Friday, at which point we’d firm up the petition and find a place to host it. Then would come signatures, and ultimately presenting it to Apple, possibly via each of our Apple reps.
Neil Johnson has started the companion Facebook group, and has drafted the early version of what everyone appears to want from Apple development in petition form at https://www.facebook.com/groups/enterpriseairplay with 72 members joining thus far. (Thanks, Neil)
We have at least one CIO interested, and interested in sharing it with other CIOs via Educause if petition is done in a constructive, fact-based way.
We also have a bit of media coverage coming soon on the process, with potentially more to follow.
A lot of excellent technical discussion has been spawned during all of this, and as usual, the interaction has been great between list members.
All of that being said, it is worth asking:
· Is the group still feeling good about the direction this initiative is going in?
· Does anyone have any problems with the wording and points in the doc so far?
· Is everyone interested able to sign on behalf of their institution/organization? If not, can you get empowered or find someone who can sign?
· Has anyone else approached senior IT management and found interest? Any other CIOs game at this point?
· Any other mid-week thoughts, concerns, comments on the topic?