Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Instructional Design Position Available at Rush University Medical Center - Chicago
Pardon any duplication!
Welcome to autumn! Please share this job ad with anyone who you think might be interested and qualified.
The McCormick Educational Technology Center (METC), the instructional technology and micro-computing component of the Library of Rush University Medical Center, is seeking a highly experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic instructional designer who will provide support to the faculty, staff and students of Rush University. The successful candidate will become part of a team responsible for the consultation, collaboration, and training of Rush University faculty in developing and integrating educational technologies into course curricula using Blackboard 9.1. Located just west of the Loop in downtown Chicago, Rush offers an ideal atmosphere for professionals wishing to fulfill their career goals.
- Consults with administration, faculty, and staff on design, development and evaluation of instructional programs, materials, methods, and teaching and assessment techniques.
- Collaborates as part of a team to provide support for University instructional design and technology needs.
- Collaborates with Information Services staff to investigate and make recommendations regarding technical issues with Blackboard 9.1 or any of its tangential applications.
- Assists faculty in the deployment of online course delivery, including requisite training in Blackboard components.
- Develops and conducts workshops for faculty on various topics and software applications pertaining to instructional technology methods.
- Trains students in online course utilization and coordinates the facilitation of online course development by collaborating with various personnel.
- Collaborates with METC staff to provide support and design initiatives for technology-related instructional projects.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, library and information science (with demonstrated experience in instructional design theory and practice) or other related area preferred.
- Experience providing support for the physical design of online courses using Blackboard 9.1+ in a higher educational environment required.
- Experience in the areas of instructional design techniques, computer-based education and alternative instructional delivery methods; commitment to keeping abreast of the latest instructional design trends and practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different departments to achieve shared goals.
- Knowledge of software supportive of instructional design, and web-page design including HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, Respondus and Respondus Lockdown Browser, Panopto, Camtasia, Wimba Live Classroom, EvaluationKit, IDEA and Impatica.
- Experience working with audio/video files in any format desired.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter, resume and references by using: http://www.jobsatrush.com/. Please reference job #2012-1584. Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. Rush University Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer
Max Anderson, MSLS
Assistant Library Director for Educational Technology
Manager, McCormick Educational Technology Center
Library of Rush University Medical Center
600 South Paulina Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612
(312) 942-2234 Fax