Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Position available: Instructional Designer, Purchase College SUNY
** Apologies for any cross-posting **
The Teaching, Learning and Technology Center (TLTC) at Purchase College, SUNY is seeking to hire an Instructional Designer (position description below). He or she will work with full- and part-time faculty to identify and implement pedagogical approaches and instructional technologies to enhance student learning, and to support faculty course design efforts for online, hybrid and face-to-face courses. Purchase College is located in Westchester County, just 25 miles north of New York City, and was named by Princeton Review as one of the 'Best 376 Colleges, 2012.' The college combines on one campus rigorous majors in the liberal arts and sciences with professional conservatory programs in the visual and performing arts.
To apply for this position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at https://jobs.purchase.edu and complete an on-line application. Search for posting number 0800315.
Purchase College SUNY is an AA/EEO employer.
General responsibilities: This position works with full- and part-time faculty to identify and implement pedagogical approaches and instructional technologies to enhance student learning, and to support faculty course design efforts for online, hybrid and face-to-face course formats.
- Consult with, train and support faculty in the use of innovative pedagogies and instructional technologies to support student learning, in face-to-face, hybrid and online courses.
- Facilitate course redesign efforts through individual consultations and faculty cohort training; assist faculty in the development of instructional modules and individual learning activities.
- Coordinate cohort training and course review process for online and hybrid course development. Ensure that deadlines are met and courses meet standards to run.
- Deliver workshops and other faculty professional development opportunities on pedagogy, instructional technology, and assessment.
- Develop documentation and just-in-time training materials for innovative instructional approaches and the effective use of instructional technologies.
- Research, evaluate, and promulgate best practices for innovative instructional approaches as well as new instructional technologies.
- Evaluate analytics and activity in online courses, along with faculty feedback and student evaluations, to ensure continuous quality improvement in our online programming.
- Some weekend and evening hours are required.
- Masters Degree in instructional or curriculum design, educational technology, or related discipline.
- Two years experience in instructional or curriculum design, faculty development, instructional technology, or related field.
- Broad knowledge of instructional technology tools (such as learning management systems, ePortfolios, Web 2.0 applications, communication and collaboration software) to support effective instructional approaches.
- The successful candidate should be reliable, organized, self-motivating and a team player able to multi-task and work well independently.
- He or she must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in individual and group settings.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- Familiarity with Moodle LMS and with use of ePortfolios for student learning.
- Quality Matters and/or Sloan-C certification.
Candidates are required to complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter via the College's job vacancy website (https://jobs.purchase.edu). Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Purchase College is an AA/EEO employer.
keith landa, director
teaching, learning, and technology center
purchase college suny
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.