Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
SPARC > Current Program Plan 2014 > Open Educational Resources
*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***
Please to learn ...
Advocacy/Policy Strategy. The top priority for SPARC will be to raise the public policy profile of Open Access to the results of research - including journal articles, data and educational resources.
- Leading efforts to advocate for policies that provide for Open Access to journal articles, data and educational resources on the institutional, state, national and international levels
- Supporting research on social/economic benefits of Open Access to research outputs
- Leading and expanding U.S. National Working Group on Open Access
- Working with media outlets to promote public awareness of Open Access
- Working with public and private research funders to create and implement Open Access policies
- Expanding wholesale communications and outreach efforts to maximize reach of campaigns
- Actively participating in coalitions working on our target "Open" issue areas
- Participate in and promote productive collective efforts to build scalable capacity to support effective implementations of Open Access policies (i.e., SHARE, OpenAire, etc.)
- Hosting Biennial North American Meeting on Open Access to journal articles, data and educational resources
Source Available Via:
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University
152 Parks Library
Ames IA 50011
"It's Not The Journey; It's The Detours.