Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Predict, plan, and make the case for IT in higher education with research from ECAR.
Make the Case for IT with ECAR Research
ECAR research and analytical reports are designed to help you predict, plan, and make the case for IT. ECAR subscribers will receive the following in 2014:
- Research Reports and Hubs
- Degree planning and advising analytics
- New models for IT service delivery
- The top 10 strategic technologies for 2014
- IT governance, risk, and compliance
- Technology in the academic community (students and faculty)
- Research Bulletins
- ECAR Working Group Publications
- Core Data Service Analysis
- Gartner IT1 and ITNI Research
- Center for Higher Education Chief Information Officer Studies (CHECS) Research
- New Benchmarking Tools (In late 2014, ECAR will introduce a comprehensive series of maturity and deployment indices for higher education IT.)
ECAR is committed to a transparent and responsive process in developing our research agenda. Contact Susan Grajek, EDUCAUSE vice president, to suggest research topics.
Address Core Technology Challenges in ECAR Working Groups
Higher education leaders come together in ECAR working groups to address core technology challenges and share their findings with the higher education IT community. Learn more about current groups and projects:
- Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- Communications Infrastructure and Applications
- Data Management
- IT Service Catalog
- Mobile Strategy and Application Development
- Total Cost of Ownership for Cloud Services
Use Supporting Materials to Dig Deeper into Research Topics
Research reports and bulletins are the primary ECAR research products, which are supported by secondary materials including graphics, data tables, maturity and deployment indices, and data tables. See all ECAR research publications >
Focused research on specific IT issues that may be authored by members or ECAR researchers.
Research Reports and Hubs
Substantive examinations of issues of strategic importance to higher education. Recent reports are available by subscription or purchase, and early reports are publicly available. Reports are packaged with their suppoting materials in topic-based research hubs.
Institution-specific or topic-specific reports designed to exemplify important themes, trends, and experiences in the management of information technology investments and activities. Case Studies are released as part of specific ECAR Research Studies.
Editable Slide Decks
PowerPoint versions of ECAR Research Studies that allow subscribers to incorporate ECAR data into their own presentations
Executive Summaries and Key Findings
ECAR Executive Summaries, written for campus executives, synthesize important information technology issues and provide recommendations for action in higher education.
Infographics and Interactive Graphics
Illustrations and graphics relating to ECAR research.
Maturity and Deployment Indices
Presentations developed by ECAR research fellows, partners, and contractors on topics of interest to the higher education community, including summaries from major ECAR studies. Re-publication or repurposing of ECAR Research Presentations may occur only with written permission of EDUCAUSE and in certain cases, the author(s).