Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
EDUCAUSE Board of Directors Election
It is once again time to elect two new members to the EDUCAUSE Board of Directors. The board represents the interests of the full membership and ensures that the association's management is consistent with strategic directions and principles of sound financial management.
From the four candidates on the 2014 ballot, two will be elected by the voting membership to four-year terms on the board beginning September 28, 2014. The board may also appoint members at its discretion. In past elections just a few votes have determined the outcome, so be aware that every ballot matters. Please make sure that you do not pass up this opportunity to make your institution's preferences known.
Board members completing their terms of service in 2014 are:
- Debra Allison, Miami University of Ohio
- Richard Northam, Research Data Storage Infrastructure (RDSI) Project, University of Queensland, Australia (appointed)
- Randall Stiles, Grinnell College
Continuing members of the Board are:
- Kara Freeman, American Council on Education (appointed)
- Joy Hatch, Virginia Community College System
- Bill Hogue, University of South Carolina
- Marc Hoit, North Carolina State University (appointed)
- Bruce Maas, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Susan Metros, University of Southern California
- Laura Patterson, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Diana G. Oblinger, EDUCAUSE (ex officio)
- Tracy Schroeder, Boston University
- Justin Sipher, St. Lawrence University
The election window is now closed. Results of the election will be announced in early September after the results are independently audited and certified.