Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Breakthrough Models Academy
- July 13–17, 2015 | Chicago, IL
- Summer and Fall 2014 | Online
- February, 2016 | ELI Annual Meeting
The Breakthrough Models Academy consists of three program components:
1) The Residential Program, July 13–17, 2015 | Chicago, IL
Each day's exploration during the Academy's face-to-face event will be driven by topics informing the development of new models across today's higher education landscape, including new approaches to problem solving like Design Thinking, new perspective on the business model, changes in the policy environment and the develpment and use of technology/data for Student Success. During the day and after hours, the Academy experience is anchored by dialogue among the cohort and with experts in the field. At the end of each week, participants will have bonded with their design challenge team and selected a topic for thier design model.
2) The Coach-Supported Model Design Program, Summer & Fall 2015 | Online
Following the week in Chicago, assigned teams will make arrangements to continue work on their designs through ongoing collaboration and coaching.
3) The Model Design Presentation, February, 2016 | San Antonio, TX
Model design presentations will take place at EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting 2016.
- Using a Rubric, the Academy participants and a panel of education innovators will score each model plan. Exemplary plans will be showcased at the ELI Annual Meeting and featured on the NGLC and EDUCAUSE websites.
Contribute to the backchannel conversation on Twitter using #BrMA15.
"There's an opportunity for particpants to be seen as the rising leaders they are"