Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Learning Better as a Team: Why, How, and What For?
Dec 9th, 2013
1:00 PM - 4:00 PMEastern Time
This seminar aims to help participants build more adaptive and responsive teams—teams that can easily change in a complex environment—by discussing the provocative idea of the "learning organization" and by helping participants think through what it would mean to organize their workplace activities around meaningful learning. In particular, it will help attendees "see" into (and stop) the various things they do on not-quite-conscious levels to block team learning. Its techniques will be helpful to participants in any level of the organization, from line-level staff to executive leadership.
- Understand what a learning organization is and why it matters
- Better conceptualize what it would mean to integrate meaningful learning into the workplace
- Be familiar with three key perspectives on learning in the organization (rules, feedback, and visible thinking)
- Reflect on how these three perspectives appear in your own work experience
- Learn and apply techniques for improving learning in your organization