Core Data Service Report
The latest Core Data Service report on campus IT environments summarizes data collected for fiscal year 2008 from just over 900 institutions that participated in this year's core data survey.
The Evolving Role of the CIO
EDUCAUSE interviewed 14 higher education CIOs to understand how new developments in cloud computing, mobile learning, and consumer IT services, among others, are influencing the CIO role. Key themes, issues, and recommendations are compiled in The Evolution of the CIO.
EDUCAUSE 2009 Conference Resources
Proceedings from EDUCAUSE 2009 and EDUCAUSE 2009 Online are now available and include PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, session recordings, and more.
EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research
- The ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2009, by Shannon D. Smith, Gail Salaway, and Judith Borreson Caruso, with an introduction by Richard N. Katz, includes a special focus on student ownership and use of Internet-capable handheld devices.
- Institutional Data Management in Higher Education examines the policies and practices by which higher education institutions effectively collect, protect, and use digital information assets to meet academic and business needs.
EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge explores how the effort to understand and develop effective learning environments includes more individuals and more roles than have generally been involved in the discussion about teaching and learning, and how the factors at issue encompass, but go beyond, technology.
- Blended Learning Workshop Guide offers a set of action-oriented, modifiable, modular activities for use in faculty development, staff retreats, or institutional planning.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Google Wave explores how users create online spaces, called "waves," which include multiple discrete messages and components that constitute a running, conversational document.
EDUCAUSE Now Podcasts
- EDUCAUSE Now, Episode #22, December 10, 2009: "The E-Textbook Conundrum, ELI Annual Meeting Preview, and Policy Office Update"
- EDUCAUSE Now, Episode #21, November 12, 2009: "Jim Collins on What Not To Do and Lawrence Lessig on Fair Use for Educators"