Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
ACUTA Winter Seminar
The ACUTA Winter Seminar will be held January 13-16 at the Hyatt Regency (Downtown) in Tampa, FL. Registration and information is available online at http://www.acuta.org/ws13.
This event provides professional development specifically developed for higher education communications and collaboration technology leaders. The two educational tracks that will be covered include 1) Next-Generation Data Networks and 2) ICT Disaster Preparedness: Plan, Prepare, Practice, & Protect. Below is information about both.
Track 1: Next-Generation Data Networks
Data networks remain the critical infrastructure needed to deliver leading-edge IT services. The Next-Generation Data Network track will explore best practices in wired and wireless network technology and tools, emerging trends in network design and support, and strategies to prepare for delivering or accessing next-generation IT services over the network.
The Program/Content Committee is planning sessions on the following issues and more:
• Leveraging wireless infrastructure for academic success
• Funding model for network services
• Supporting mobile employees through fixed mobile convergence
• Network and systems to support unified communications
• Deploying IPV6
• Network access control and other technologies to manage BYOD and support cloud services
• Impact on the network of PCI compliance
• Trends in datacenter networking
Track 2: ICT Disaster Preparedness: Plan, Prepare, Practice, & Protect
Information technology and communications infrastructure play a critical and strategic role at our colleges and universities, so it is critical that plans are in place in the event of a disaster, both to recover disrupted ICT services and to provide technology assistance to the broader business-continuity and disaster-response effort. This track will explore effective processes for planning, preparing, and practicing for ICT disasters, as well as mitigating the effects of disruption, and to explore the role that technology can play in facilitating effective emergency-response efforts.
The Program Committee is planning sessions on the following issues and more:
• Leveraging adaptive management principles and methods to disaster recovery planning
• Disaster and cyber incident exercise design
• Effective and efficient multi-modal emergency communications
• Getting your data and personnel through natural disasters and their aftermath
• ICT’s role in planning and supporting emergency exercises
• Technology used in emergency operation centers or mobile command centers
• Regulatory developments and their implications for campuses
Details about presenters, the exhibit hall, and educational sessions will be updated frequently at www.acuta.org/ws13. Please contact ACUTA, (859) 278-3338, with any questions.
This event also includes an exhibit hall full of IT and telecom companies serving the higher education market. For information on how to become an exhibitor at this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.acuta.org/wcm/acuta/ex-spon/tampa/prospectus.pdf.
- Members: $549 by Dec. 7th, or $604 after
- Nonmembers: $709 by Dec. 7th, or $780 after
- $189 single/double plus tax, http://www.acuta.org/ws13hotel