Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
EDUCAUSE Live! - Emergency Communications Management and the Clery Act
Emergency Communications Management and the Clery Act
Date: February 28, 2013
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET (UTC-5); convert to your time zone
Moderator: Marc Hoit, Vice Chancellor and CIO, North Carolina State University
Speaker: Mark Katsouros, Director, Network Planning and Integration, The Pennsylvania State University
Mark Katsouros, director of network planning and integration at the Pennsylvania State University, will share:
- Notable improvements made in emergency communications management/emergency notification system (ECM/ENS) capabilities over the last two to three years
- Recommended implementation strategies, requirements, and desirables for those embarking on an ECM/ENS RFP
- Implications of the Clery Act and lessons learned at Penn State
- Mobile “killer apps” in the emergency communications realm
Mark has worked in higher education IT for nearly 30 years and possesses extensive experience implementing emergency management/notification solutions. He designed, implemented, and supported the University of Iowa’s Hawk Alert System and has a long history of providing IT support to campus police and first responders at the University of Maryland, the University of Iowa, and Penn State University. He earned his BS in computer science at the University of Maryland.
- Emergency Notification Library Resource Page
In order to participate, you will need:
- A high-speed wired Internet connection (use of wireless and/or dial-up may cause poor performance).
- A landline, or a conference phone if you are participating as a team, as an audio alternative or backup.
- Adobe Connect; please run this connection test. If you have problems completing the test or installing required software, please visit the Adobe Support website, or call Adobe Connect Technical Support at 1-800-945-9120.
Please review the Technical Requirements page for additional operating system, browser, and software requirements.
If you have audio or video issues during the event, please see our Adobe Connect Frequently Asked Questions page. If you need further assistance, please contact EDUCAUSE Help in the EDUCAUSE Live! room chat pod.
Host a Campus Event
Use EDUCAUSE Live! webinars as the centerpoint of a collaborative event on your campus. You'll find everything from discussion questions to reflection guides at EDUCAUSE On Campus so you can build an event that enables you and your colleagues to dig deeper on this topic.
Interact on Twitter
Use the Twitter hashtag #EDULive before and after EDUCAUSE Live! events to ask questions, comment, and discuss hot topics with the EDUCAUSE Live! host, speakers, and attendees.