Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Security Professionals Conference
May 6-8, 2014
St. Louis, Missouri, and Online
Mind Tricks and Other Strategies
for Information Security
The Security Professionals Conference was held face-to-face in St. Louis, and virtually May 6–8, 2014.
The program organized around six tracks, identified by the Security Professionals Conference Program Committee to align with the Star Wars inspired conference theme, Mind Tricks and Other Strategies for Information Security. The tracks included:
- Episode I: Use the Force (Awareness and Training)
- Episode II: These Are Not the Data You Are Looking For (Privacy)
- Episode III: Jedi Training (Career Development)
- Episode IV: Imperial Directives (Governance, Risk, and Compliance)
- Episode V: Republic Technologies (Technical)
- Episode VI: Empire Technologies (Technical)
Free Public Webcasts
Get a taste of the conference. Click on the title to view the following webcast recordings.
- General Session: Building the Team to Tackle Data Privacy... Sponsored by Symplified
May 7, 8:00–9:00 a.m. CT
- Why Technical Metrics Aren't Enough...
May 8, 8:00–9:00 a.m. CT
Additional webcast recordings are available to all registrants via the online agendas. Virtual participants can access all session recordings via the private recordings link we e-mailed to you.
Webcasting sponsored by Sonic Foundry, Platinum Partner
More than 450 IT professionals joined us for the face-to-face conference in St. Louis. The virtual conference brought together over 75 registrants representing nearly 200 tuning in from 64 institutions in 26 U.S. states, Canada, and Hong Kong. See the St. Louis and virtual participant lists (login and registration required) and view downloadable PDF registration lists for the meeting by the categories below.