Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Data Privacy Month, 2015
Data Privacy Month (DPM) is an annual effort to empower people to protect their privacy and control their digital footprint, as well as escalate the protection of privacy and data as everyone's priority.
Data Privacy Month will be celebrated in 2015 starting with Data Privacy Day on January 28 and running through February 28. Spend the month helping to ensure your campus community is respecting privacy, safeguarding data, and enabling trust.
Data Privacy Month 2015 activities and resources:
- A free EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on January 20 at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
- Guest bloggers throughout the month
- NCSA-hosted Data Privacy Day Twitter chat (#ChatDPD)
Stay tuned! More information about the 2015 celebration will be available soon. In the meantime, additional resources are available on our social media pages: Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
2014 DPM Resources
- Celebrate Data Privacy Day 2014 on January 28 by Michael Kaiser
- Promote Privacy on Your Campus by Cheryl Washington
- Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data, Enabling Trust: How Do We Accomplish This on Personally Owned Computers? by Petr Brym
- Social Justice and Privacy: An End to Solitude by Mike Corn
- A Discussion About the NSA and Government Surveillance by Maura Johnston
- Usability and Network Security in Higher Education by Rich Murphy
- The Boyfriend Dilemma: Are You Giving Up Too Much Personal Information? by Lisa Ho, Matt Wolf, and Erika Donald
2013 Data Privacy Month Resources
- Are You Smarter Than Your Phone?
- Scalable Privacy: An NSTIC Pilot Program for the Identity Ecosystem
- Privacy Officers Around the Virtual Water Cooler
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) Reform and Its Implications for Higher Education
- SANS/EDUCAUSE Privacy Awareness Video
Find more data privacy resources in the EDUCAUSE library.