Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
2015 Data Privacy Resources
Data Privacy Month (DPM) is an annual effort to empower people to protect their privacy and control their digital footprint, as well as escalate the protection of privacy and data as everyone's priority.
Data Privacy Month will be celebrated in 2015 starting with Data Privacy Day on January 28 and running through February 28. Spend the month helping to ensure your campus community is respecting privacy, safeguarding data, and enabling trust.
2015 DPM activities and resources:
- "The Power of Privacy and the Passion to Build Something Better" with Michelle Dennedy, Vice President & Chief Privacy Officer, McAfee — an EDUCAUSE Live! webinar recording
- Celebrate Data Protection and Stewardship this Data Privacy Day by Michael Kaiser
- Hey, Students Are Consumers, Too by J. Trevor Hughes
- Using Smartphone Apps Safely by Celina Stewart
- Stingray Makes Waves, Or, How Technology Helps Your Friendly Neighborhood Policeman Violate Your Privacy in New and Innovative Ways by Geoffrey S. Nathan
- The Role of Privacy Practices in Information Management by Tracy Mitrano and Jacob Cunningham
- Privacy and Organizational Analytics by Michael Corn
- Privacy vs. Privacy by Lisa Ho
2014 Data Privacy Resources
- Celebrate Data Privacy Day 2014 on January 28 by Michael Kaiser
- Promote Privacy on Your Campus by Cheryl Washington
- Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data, Enabling Trust: How Do We Accomplish This on Personally Owned Computers? by Petr Brym
- Social Justice and Privacy: An End to Solitude by Mike Corn
- A Discussion About the NSA and Government Surveillance by Maura Johnston
- Usability and Network Security in Higher Education by Rich Murphy
- The Boyfriend Dilemma: Are You Giving Up Too Much Personal Information? by Lisa Ho, Matt Wolf, and Erika Donald
2013 Data Privacy Resources
- Are You Smarter Than Your Phone?
- Scalable Privacy: An NSTIC Pilot Program for the Identity Ecosystem
- Privacy Officers Around the Virtual Water Cooler
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) Reform and Its Implications for Higher Education
- SANS/EDUCAUSE Privacy Awareness Video
Find more data privacy resources in the EDUCAUSE library.