Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Videos [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning", also refered to as "Hybrid Learning" combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats. Including the new EDUCAUSE E-Book " Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies" which is a collection of chapters and case studies contributed by college and university presidents, provosts, faculty, and other stakeholders. Institutions are finding new ways of achieving higher education’s mission without being crippled by constraints or overpowered by greater expectations.
The following chapters from the book specifically address blended learning models.
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Challenges in ERP Strategy
July 14, 2014
Higher Education IT Leaders talk about some of the challenges around administrative systems strategy. Higher Education IT Leaders talk ab…
- Video: The Connected Age
November 4, 2013
As we become more connected, can higher education be better than we could have previously imagined? It's complex and messy in a bring-your-own-device, DIY-learning, there-is-an-app-for-tha…
- EDUCAUSE Top-10 IT Issues 2013
June 3, 2013
A quick rundown of the list with comments from higher education IT leaders. A quick rundown of the list with comments from hi…
- Video: Analytics Examined
August 13, 2012
Clifford Lynch is executive director for the Coalition for Networked Information. Gardner Campbell is director for professional development and innovative initiatives at Virginia Tech. In this vi…
- Policy Implications of Big Data and Analytics
August 13, 2012
EDUCAUSE Policy recently asked association representatives from ACE, AACC, NACUBO, AASCU, and NAICU what they think are the policy implications that arise with the increased use of big…
- Video: Making the Case for Analytics
July 18, 2012
What are the important elements to consider when starting an analytics program at your institution? Some of the experts share their insights. …
- Video: What is Analytics?
July 18, 2012
We asked several higher ed professionals what analytics means to them. The results provide an insight into the nature of analytics and what it means to higher education institutions. …