Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Programs and Projects [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Systems and Services [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (2)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (2)
- Policy and Law (2)
- Teaching and Learning (1)
"Blended Learning", also refered to as "Hybrid Learning" combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats. Including the new EDUCAUSE E-Book " Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies" which is a collection of chapters and case studies contributed by college and university presidents, provosts, faculty, and other stakeholders. Institutions are finding new ways of achieving higher education’s mission without being crippled by constraints or overpowered by greater expectations.
The following chapters from the book specifically address blended learning models.
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Data Privacy Month 2012
June 25, 2012
This guide links to information about Data Privacy Month 2012 and Data Privacy Day (January 28), including blog entries, Data Privacy Month webinars and resources, and links to events and informa…
- LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe)
May 21, 2009
LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe), based at Stanford University Libraries, is an international community initiative that provides libraries with digital preservation tools and support so th…
- UC Berkeley Emergency People Locator System
August 31, 2007
The UC Berkeley People Locator is a web-based contact system to provide information to members of the UC Berkeley community and to their families and friends in the event of an emergency affectin…
- The Fluid Project
August 13, 2007
The Fluid Project is an international community of academic institutions, community source software projects and corporations working together to address the precarious values of usability, acces…
- Open Source Portfolio Initiative (OSPI)
January 1, 2005
The Open Source Portfolio Initiative (OSPI) is a community of individuals and organizations collaborating on the development of the leading non-proprietary, open source electronic portfolio softwar…
- The Kuali Project
January 1, 2004
The Kuali Project will create software that provides a comprehensive suite of functionality to serve the financial systems needs of all Carnegie Class institutions. It will include such functional…