Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Podcast: Mike Sharkey on Instructional Technology Challenges at the University of Phoenix
January 19, 2012
Mike Sharkey is the director of academic analytics at the University of Phoenix . The University of Phoenix has more than two hundred campuses worldwide and offers degrees in over on…
- Podcast: Joshua Kim on Building Relationships Between For-Profit and Non-Profit Institutions.
January 18, 2012
Joshua Kim is the director of learning and technology for the Master of Health Care Delivery Science Program at Dartmouth College. He also serves as an ECAR fellow and part-time blogger…
- ELI 2011 Podcast: Blended Learning Designs: A Learning Science Perspective
March 8, 2011
SRI's recent meta-analysis of the online learning research literature found that, on average, students in blended learning conditions have stronger learning outcomes than those recei…
- Interview Podcast: Tanya Joosten with Online and Blended Learning 101
April 19, 2010
This podcast features and interview with Tanya Joosten , Interim Associate Director for the Learning Technology Center at the University of Wisconson-Milwaukee. In this conversation, she talks…
- Interview Podcast: Kelvin Bentley on Creating Successful Online Teaching Strategies
March 23, 2010
Kelvin Bentley serves as the Director of Online Learning for Northampton Community College. He provides oversight for all credit-based, online learning strategic planning and activities that …
- Podcast: To Hybrid, or Not To Hybrid? Teaching Shakespeare Online
August 19, 2009
This nineteen minute podcast features an interview from the 2009 Colorado Learning and Teaching with Technology Conference . My conversation is with R L Widmann , Shakespeare Scholar and Pr…
- E08 Podcast: An Interview with Rebecca Alm, Director of Online Learning for the Minneapolis College of Art & Design
July 27, 2009
This nine minute podcast features an interview with Rebecca Alm , Director of Online Learning for the Minneapolis College of Art & Design. It was recorded at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conf…