Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Teaching with Technology: An In-Depth View of 5 Hybrid Courses Using Existing Online Course Materials
February 23, 2015
A session at the ELI Webinar: Teaching with Technology: An In-Depth View of 5 Hybrid Courses Using Existing Online Course Materials
Join Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative director, and Veronica Diaz, ELI associate director, as they moderate this webinar with Rebecca Griffiths. In a November webinar, Rebecca Griffith…
- Implementing Online Learning Labs in Schools and Districts: Lessons From Miami-Dadeâ€™s First Year
November 1, 2011
A s online learning programs become prevalent in U.S. schools, school and district leaders, teachers, and policy makers are looking for the best ways to use technology to enhance learning. T…
- Podcast: Joshua Kim on Building Relationships Between For-Profit and Non-Profit Institutions.
January 18, 2012
Joshua Kim is the director of learning and technology for the Master of Health Care Delivery Science Program at Dartmouth College. He also serves as an ECAR fellow and part-time blogger…
- Interview Podcast: Kelvin Bentley on Creating Successful Online Teaching Strategies
March 23, 2010
Kelvin Bentley serves as the Director of Online Learning for Northampton Community College. He provides oversight for all credit-based, online learning strategic planning and activities that …
- The Future of Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: The Survey Says
January 1, 2006
The Future of Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: The Survey Says... A survey substantiates some ideas about online learning and refutes others By Kyong-Jee Kim and Curt…