Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
- Annual Conferences [x]
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Improving Distributed Education Through Research: Three Studies of E-Pedagogy
October 25, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
The demand for quality, effective online teaching environments is growing. Using three research studies (on social presence in distance learning, threaded discussion, and student technology usage),…
- Two Questions That Promote In-Depth Course Assessment
October 11, 2006
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2006 Annual Conference
Are your colleagues wary of assessments in their online and hybrid courses? How do we gain an instructor's interest and trust in an assessment project? The presenters will offer a plan, starti…
- Evaluating a Virtual Academic Department
October 19, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2005 Annual Conference
Sunoikisis, a virtual classics department formed by classicists at 13 liberal arts colleges, blends on-campus teaching with distributed, online, interinstitutional instruction. This evaluation stud…