Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Early Planning Minimizes Project Disruptions
January 6, 2015
Author: Judith A. Pirani “CPCC is committed to sustaining the Online Student Profile Learning System at the College and to broadening its use to ensure that all students benefit …
- 7 Ways to Use Tech to Improve College Student Success
October 31, 2014
Educational attainment, academic achievement, student persistence, learning and development, and college completion. The success of college students is getting more attention these days with risi…
- Higher Education in 2024: Glimpsing the Future
September 15, 2014
A conversation about possible futures and multiple present trends could help those of us involved in higher education and technology to think more clearly about how what comes next emerges fro…
- Can the Current Model of Higher Education Survive MOOCs and Online Learning?
October 7, 2013
Not all U.S. colleges and universities will disappear as a result of new technologies, but clearly some will. If higher education institutions embrace the status quo, they will no longer be in…
- Breakthrough Models for College Completion: The Next Generation of Models for Higher Education
November 28, 2012
Updated October 2013 This compilation of Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) grantee profiles illustrates the innovative approaches of 9 new postsecondary degree program designs …
- The Future of Higher Education
July 27, 2012
This Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project report surveyed over 1000 internet users and experts on how they saw higher education in the year 2020. Many respondents agreed t…
- Chapter 10: University of Phoenix
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers William (Bill) Pepicello Introduction The University of Phoenix was founded in 1976 on the principle that a large number of people wished to earn a d…
- Podcast: Joshua Kim on Building Relationships Between For-Profit and Non-Profit Institutions.
January 18, 2012
Joshua Kim is the director of learning and technology for the Master of Health Care Delivery Science Program at Dartmouth College. He also serves as an ECAR fellow and part-time blogger…
- EDU11: Chronicle Tech Trends
November 7, 2011
Technology is "unbundling" the university. In five years, students will mix online and in-person courses , professors will rely on new course formats and modules from multip…
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #37 - 1) IT Helping Higher Ed Be More Nimble 2) Interview with Leah Lang, Service and Metrics Analyst
March 10, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now :Â We ask the question to several higher education IT leaders : How can IT help higher education become more nimble ? We also feature an interview with …