Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- A Framework for Institutional Adoption and Implementation of Blended Learning in Higher Education
August 19, 2013
While many studies have investigated blended learning effectiveness at the course level, very few provide guidance for adoption and implementation of blended learning at the institutional level. …
- The Six Dimensions of Next-Generation Learning
September 10, 2012
Can you imagine an education landscape that activates, for each and every learner, a clear and well-supported pathway to success in college, career, and civic life? Next Generation Learning Chall…
- Blended Learning Designs: A Learning Science Perspective
February 15, 2011
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2011
SRI's recent meta-analysis of the online learning research literature found that, on average, students in blended learning conditions have stronger learning outcomes than those receiving instr…
- Implementing a Blended Learning Approach: Factors Influencing Students' Academic Outcomes
September 15, 2010
A session at the ELI 2010 Online Fall Focus Session
Often there is an assumption that the flexibility provided by technology will enhance learning and outcomes for students. However, research often shows that such advances offer little or no benef…