Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Learning and the Massive Open Online Course: A Report on the ELI Focus Session
May 21, 2013
On April 3 and 4, 2013, the ELI teaching and learning community gathered for an online focus session on Learning and the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). This report is a synthesis of the k…
- Building Blocks for College Completion: Blended Learning
December 11, 2012
Ten projects funded by Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) in the initiative’s first round of investment in 2011, known as Wave I, sought to scale the adoption of blended learning model…
- Leadership Public Schools: Oakland R&D Campus
November 28, 2012
Updated November 2013 With this 9-12 school in Oakland, CA, Leadership Public Schools is expanding its role as “collaborative innovator,” working with teachers and students to design…
- Teaching Digital Responsibility
March 13, 2007
This research bulletin provides an overview of the rationale for the Computing Skills Workshop program at Carnegie Mellon University, which has been in place as a required program for all student…
- ELI Innovations & Implementations â€“ Online@UCF
January 1, 2005
The University of Central Florida's Online@UCF initiative serves tens of thousands of students across Florida and engages 75 percent of UCF faculty. It offers 15 online degree programs, 10 onl…