Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Blended Learning [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership [x]
- Instructional Design [x]
- Alternate Credentials (2)
- Competency-based Learning (2)
- E-Learning (2)
- Flipped Classroom (2)
- Institutional Management (2)
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) (2)
- New Models (2)
- Online Learning (2)
- Teaching and Learning (2)
- Affordability (1)
- Analytics (1)
- Higher Education Funding (1)
- Higher Education Transformation (1)
- Learning Analytics (1)
- Learning (1)
- Open Education (1)
- Openness (1)
"Blended Learning", also refered to as "Hybrid Learning" combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats. Including the new EDUCAUSE E-Book " Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies" which is a collection of chapters and case studies contributed by college and university presidents, provosts, faculty, and other stakeholders. Institutions are finding new ways of achieving higher education’s mission without being crippled by constraints or overpowered by greater expectations.
The following chapters from the book specifically address blended learning models.
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Online Educational Delivery Models: A Descriptive View
November 1, 2012
Phil Hill is an independent consultant and blogs at e-Literate . Although there has been a long history of distance education, the creation of online education occurred just over a…
- Challenge and Change
September 5, 2012
George L. Mehaffy is Vice President for Academic Leadership and Change at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU). Early one morning in April 1860, a rider car…