Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: Improving Student Performance and Retention
December 15, 2011
Key Takeaways Blended courses provide much of the flexibility and convenience of an online course while retaining the benefits of the face-to-face classroom experie…
- Creating a Learning Flow: A Hybrid Course Model for High-Failure-Rate Math Classes
December 15, 2011
Key Takeaways Developed in response to the crisis in remedial and general-education math courses , this innovative model pairs an existing parent course with a one-unit suppleme…
- Enhancing Student Learning and Retention with Blended Learning Class Guides
December 15, 2010
Key Takeaways Experience has shown that well-designed hybrid courses enhance student learning and increase student retention, even in large introductory science classes. Blended learnin…
- Critical Factors in Selecting a Course Management System for Higher Education in Ghana
February 13, 2008
Critical Factors in Selecting a Course Management System for Higher Education in Ghana Â© 2008 Isaiah T. Awidi. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attributio…
- The Future of Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: The Survey Says
January 1, 2006
The Future of Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: The Survey Says... A survey substantiates some ideas about online learning and refutes others By Kyong-Jee Kim and Curt…
- Classroom Teaching Changes in Web-Enhanced Courses: A Multi-Institutional Study
January 1, 2004
FEATURE ARTICLES Classroom Teaching Changes in Web-Enhanced Courses: A Multi-Institutional Study This study assessed the kinds of changes that occur in face-to-face instruction when faculty…