Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Books and Monographs [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (2)
- Information Systems and Services (1)
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Cultivating Change in the Academy: 50+ Stories from the Digital Frontlines at the University of Minnesota in 2012
July 9, 2012
Cultivating Change is an eBook designed to stimulate discussion about what’s possible as well as generate new vision and academic technology direction. It serves as a means for faculty, ins…
- Case Study 13: Blended Learning and New Education Logistics in Northern Sweden
May 2, 2012
A case study from Game Changers Anders Norberg When campus-based education and various forms of "distance" education converge in a more "blended" format, the phe…
- Chapter 16: The Postmodality Era: How â€œOnline Learningâ€ Is Becoming â€œLearningâ€
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers Thomas B. Cavanagh Jennifer is a 20-year-old sophomore at a large state university. She lives in a dorm, works as a resident assistant, belongs to a sor…
- Chapter 10: University of Phoenix
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers William (Bill) Pepicello Introduction The University of Phoenix was founded in 1976 on the principle that a large number of people wished to earn a d…
- Chapter 9: Western Governors University
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers Robert W. Mendenhall Background The initial concept for Western Governors University (WGU) was developed at a Western Governors Association meeting i…