Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Caliber Schools: Caliber: Beta Academy
January 8, 2015
Caliber: Beta Academy is reimagining education as we know it, with the belief that the innovations in its model will allow 100% of its students to graduate ready to attend and succeed in a c…
- Blackstone Valley Prep Mayoral Academy: BVP High School
January 8, 2015
This Rhode Island charter high school serves an intentionally diverse population of students from two urban and two suburban communities. The blended learning model is tailored by grade level and…
- Early Planning Minimizes Project Disruptions
January 6, 2015
Author: Judith A. Pirani “CPCC is committed to sustaining the Online Student Profile Learning System at the College and to broadening its use to ensure that all students benefit …
- Personalized Learning in Progress: Case Studies of Four Race to the Top–District Grantees’ Early Implementation
November 21, 2014
This newly released report by the U.S. Department of Education shares the experiences of four diverse school districts as they adopt personalized learning approaches that will prepare their stude…
- Lighting the Path to Personalized Learning: Inspiring Stories from Next Gen Schools
November 5, 2014
Authored by: Getting Smart in Partnership with Next Generation Learning Challenges With the support of Next Generation Learning Challenges, the Getting Smart team spent the last year visi…
- Study of Students and Information Technology, 2014
October 30, 2014
For the 2014 student techology use study, ECAR also collaborated with 213 institutions to collect responses from 75,306 undergraduate students about their technology experiences. Key F…
- Student as Designer: Making EdTech that Increases Student Success
November 21, 2014
Author: Judith A. Pirani "Involving undergraduates extensively in [BioBook’s] development and refinement was the single most important effective strategy that we used. The…
- Blended Learning
Blended Learning True "Blended Learning," also …
- Next Gen Tools: Matchbook Learning's "Spark"
October 13, 2014
Spark is a data integration tool created to support Matchbook Learning's student-centered, mastery-based, blended learning model. It analyzes student achievement daily based on multiple poin…
- 7 Ways to Use Tech to Improve College Student Success
October 31, 2014
Educational attainment, academic achievement, student persistence, learning and development, and college completion. The success of college students is getting more attention these days with risi…