Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
"Blended Learning," also refered to as "Hybrid Learning," combines traditional face-to-face classrooom instruction with online learning. EDUCAUSE has a wide range of resources on this expansive topic in various formats.
- The Blended Learning Toolkit: A DIY Resource for Blended Learning Instructors and Designers, ELI Web Seminar, January 2012. This seminar provided a brief overview of the Blended Learning Toolkit before guiding participants on a tour and a discussion of each set of faculty resources. It also includes a brief summary of lessons learned in conducting an open, online course based on the BlendKit Course materials will also be shared.
- Evaluating the Implementation of Blended Learning Models in Large Enrollment Courses, ELI Annaul Meeting, February 2011. This presentation expands on design, development, and implementation of blended learning models, with details on ways in which the face-to-face and online sections of the courses were integrated.
- “Blended Learning: A Report on the ELI Focus Session” ELI White Paper, November 2010. This white paper is a synthesis of the key ideas, themes, and concepts that emerged from those sessions. The paper also includes links to supporting focus session materials, recordings, and resources
- “7 Things You Should Know About the HyFlex Course Model”, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, November 2010. HyFlex is a course design model that presents the components of hybrid learning in a flexible course structure that gives students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both. Students can change their mode of attendance weekly or by topic, according to need or preference.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blended Learning
- Blended Learning in a Liberal Arts College Setting
June 2, 2014
A session at the ELI Webinar - Blended Learning in a Liberal Arts College Setting
Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz as they moderate this webinar with Jennifer Spohrer, the coordinator for academic technology initiatives at Bryn Mawr College and the project coordinator for a …
- DANVILLE INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS: BATE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND DANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
November 13, 2013
Revised April 2015 This small district south of Lexington, KY is completely redesigning its only middle school and high school by adopting a competency-based blended learning model. Pers…
- MOOCs in the Classroom? Results from a Controlled Study of Blended MOOCs in Public Universities
November 3, 2014
A session at the ELI Webinar - MOOCs in the Classroom?
Join Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative director, and Veronica Diaz, ELI associate director, as they moderate this webinar with Rebecca Griffiths. From 2012 to 2014, Ithaka S+R conducted…
- Community Discussion Session: Online and Blended Learning
September 8, 2014
A session at the ELI Webinar - Community Discussion Session: Online and Blended Learning
The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative hosted an online community discussion on blended/online learning topics selected by the teaching and learning community: faculty development in online and blen…
- ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2013
September 16, 2013
Key Findings See the 2013 report for a full list of key messages, findings, and supporting data. Students recognize the value of technology but still need guidance when it comes to b…
- ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2013 - Infographic
September 18, 2013
ECAR has surveyed undergraduate students annually since 2004 about technology in higher education. In 2013, ECAR collaborated with more than 250 higher education institutions to collect responses…
- Can the Current Model of Higher Education Survive MOOCs and Online Learning?
October 7, 2013
Not all U.S. colleges and universities will disappear as a result of new technologies, but clearly some will. If higher education institutions embrace the status quo, they will no longer be in…
- Rethinking Online Community in MOOCs Used for Blended Learning
October 7, 2013
Unlike students in small online courses or unaffiliated students in MOOCS, distributed flip students might not use community features . If MOOCs for blended learning are to fully realize …
- The Physics and Meaning of Flight: A Case Study in Student-Centered Learning Across Institutions
October 7, 2013
Key Takeaways The U.S. Air Force Academy and Colorado College, a small, private liberal arts institution, collaborated on a physics course on aircraft design with students from b…
- Flipping Out over the Flipped Classroom?
September 30, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference
While there is increasing talk about the flipped classroom across higher education, there is also a lot of confusion. In this session, we'll introduce the concept of flipping the classroom a…