Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Presentations and Seminars [x]
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Blogs
- Blogging in the Classroom: Bane or Blessing?
March 10, 2010
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference 2010
This panel session will feature an interactive discussion of how to use blogs to enhance student learning. Students, faculty, and an instructional technology specialist panelist will discuss their …
- Living, Learning, Cyberspace: A Program-Wide Blogging Initiative for Virginia Tech's Honors Residential College
February 15, 2012
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative 2012 Annual Meeting
How can the intimate, engaged experience of small-group learning be a template for a large research university? Virginia Tech's answer: a blogging platform that enables students and professors…
- Research on Learner Self-Engagement in a Web 2.0 World: "We Used It How We Wanted To"
October 13, 2010
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2010 Annual Conference
Learners benefit from blogs and wikis when their use is scaffolded by the instructor and/or course requirements. But if these prompts are missing or poorly designed, will learners self-motivate usi…
- Social Software in Higher Education: Isolated Accidents or the Start of Something Big?
October 24, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
Blogs, wikis, and networking tools appear to gain widespread acceptance. How are higher education professionals using social software tools in their practice? Is there any convergence with what stu…