Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Use of personally owned devices continues to grow on campuses. Schools are learning how to maneuver the balance of letting the user bring their own devices to campus for work and learning and supporting these devices while educating users about the possibilities that these devices could put university networks and information at risk. If you have a BYOD policy or resource you are willing to share with our community please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students' Mobile Learning Practices in Higher Education: A Multi-Year Study, EDUCAUSE Review Online, June 2015.Two university-wide surveys about students' mobile technology ownership and learning practices show that mobile device ownership is high and continues to increase among students.
- ACUTA/NACUBO State of Resnet Report, April 2015
- Top-Ten IT Issues, 2014: Be the Change You See, EDUCAUSE Review, March/April 2014
- ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2013, September 2013
- BYOD ECAR Research Hub. This research report explores the implications for IT infrastructure, planning and governance, security and compliance, support strategies, teaching and learning, and budget.
- Rolling Out a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program, EDUCAUSE Live! June 5th and 14th.
- 2012 Top Ten IT Issues, EDUCAUSE Review, May/June 2012
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines, HEISC Information Security Guide Toolkit
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Security, EDUCAUSE, March 2011
- Bring Your Own Device, A White House supported Toolkit to Support Federal Agencies Implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Programs, August 23, 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for BYOD
- Podcast Interview: Kofi Nkrumah-Young on Financing Options for Higher Education in Jamaica
July 22, 2011
Dr. Kofi Nkrumah-Young is the Vice President of Planning and Operations at the University of Technology, Jamaica . He is in charge of the University’s Strategic, Facilities and Reso…
- E10 Session Podcast: CIOs in Wonderland: Transformational Leadership for Interesting Times
December 28, 2010
Facing unprecedented financial challenges, IT leaders at campuses of the California State University collaborated to identify and implement transformational initiatives that could save several mi…
- E10 Session Podcast: Oil Spills, Volcanoes, and Higher Education â€” Leading in Strange Times
October 26, 2010
This session is presented by Cynthia Teniente-Matson , VP for Administration and Chief Financial Officer at California State University, Fresno. Every sector is impacted by the economic dow…
- Podcast: IT Financial Considerations in an Economic Downturn
May 18, 2009
This sixty-eight minute podcast features a panel discussion from the EDUCAUSE 2009 Enterprise Information and Technology Conference. The discussion, " IT Financial Considerations in an Econ…