Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Articles, Briefs and Reports
GoSoapBox Classroom Response System Engages Students EDUCAUSE Review Online. November/December 2012. This case study explores the use of a classroom response system in Spanish language classes that seemed too small to benefit from the approach.
Clickers in the Classroom: Transforming Students into Active Learners, ECAR Research Bulletin, 2011. This research bulletin discusses a program at the University of South Carolina to implement SRSs in the classroom and to study the impacts that the technology has on student outcomes. In our research, we also looked at the challenges that SRSs pose, both to students and to faculty members, and investigated best practices for using this technology.
Clicker Implementation Models, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2011. Clickers require a significant economic investment; deciding who pays is a key issue that gives rise to two implementation models: institution-pays and students-pay.
Clicker Resource Guide: An Instructors Guide to the Effective Use of Personal Response Systems (Clickers) in Teaching, 2010. This guide was written to help instructors understand the answers to these questions, and to help them use personal response systems ("clickers") in their classes in the most comfortable and pedagogically effective manner.
7 Things You Should Know About Open-Ended Response System, January 2011. An open-ended student response system is an electronic service or application that lets students enter text responses during a lecture or class discussion. Open-ended systems give faculty the option of collecting such free-form contributions from students, in addition to asking the true/false or multiple-choice questions that conventional clicker systems allow.
Clickers, Mobile and Web App Polls
- Celly: http://cel.ly/ (Mobile, Text and Web)
- ClassPager: https://www.classpager.com/ (Mobile and Text)
- eClicker: http://www.eclicker.com/ (Mobile: iPhone and iPad)
- Google Moderator: http://www.google.com/moderator/ (Mobile and Web)
- iClicker: http://www.iclicker.com/products/webclicker/ (Clicker and Mobile)
- iPAL: http://www.compadre.org/ipal/webdocs/About.cfm NGLC grant funded (Mobile and Web)
- iReponse App: http://iresponseapp.com/ (Mobile: iPad, iPhone, iPod and Web)
- Lecture Tools: http://www.lecturetools.com/ (Mobile)
- Pingo: http://wiwi.uni-paderborn.de/en/dep3/winfo2/research/projects/paderborner-peer-instruction/ (Mobile and Web)
- Poll Everywhere: http://www.polleverywhere.com/ (Mobile, Text and Web)
- Qwizdom: http://www.qwizdom.com/education/qvr.php (Clickers and Web)
- Socrative: http://www.socrative.com/ (Mobile and Web)
- Top Hat Monocle: http://www.tophatmonocle.com/ (Mobile and Web)
- Turning Technologies: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/ (Clicker, Mobile and Web)
- Ubiquitous Presenter: http://up.ucsd.edu/ (Mobile)
UCLA Mobile Web Framework: http://mwf.ucla.edu/?products/view/3 (Mobile)
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Clickers
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Results
- New Learning Technologies and Emergent Practices in Higher Education
January 1, 2005
New technologies are changing how we teach and learn in classrooms as well as informal learning spaces. Techniques such as blogging, podcasting, and videoblogging once used by tight-knit groups o…