Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Policy Office [x]
- EDUCAUSE Review (4)
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) (2)
- Community (1)
Filter by Presentations
Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud, May 7, 2015.To help institutions understand and address these issues, the ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing a series of seven papers.
(Higher) Learning to Confidently Embrace the Cloud, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2015
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2d.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Net Neutrality Rules Take Effect
June 15, 2015
As reported by numerous media outlets (for examples, see here and here ) as well as the Federal Communications Commission itself, a federal court denied the request to block the FCC fr…
- TEACH Act Update
June 5, 2015
Last October, I posted about the agreement between higher education associations (including EDUCAUSE), the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), and the Association of American Publishers (…
- FCC to Rule on Auto-Text/Auto-Call Liability
June 2, 2015
(EDUCAUSE telecommunications policy advisor, John Windhausen of Telepoly Consulting, provided the primary content for this post.) The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is scheduled t…
- EDUCAUSE Comments: Telephone Consumer Protection Act Petition to FCC
June 2, 2015
In February 2015, Blackboard Inc. filed a petition with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) seeking a ruling that auto-text and auto-call messages sent via its Connect mass notification s…
- EDUCAUSE Comments: NTIA Multi-Stakeholder Process for Cybersecurity Engagement
May 20, 2015
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) released a request-for-comments (RFC) in Spring 2015 on behalf of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s multi-agency Internet P…
- EDUCAUSE Comments: NIST Controlled Unclassified Information Guidelines
May 19, 2015
In late 2014, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) released an initial public draft of a new set of guidelines for federal agencies to follow in securing sensitive unclassifi…
- Higher Ed/Library Views Impact Final Net Neutrality Order
March 19, 2015
The FCC recently posted the full text of the network neutrality order it passed in late February. (Please see “ FCC Votes to Restore Strong Net Neutrality Protections .”) An outline …
- FCC Votes to Restore Strong Net Neutrality Protections
March 4, 2015
(UPDATE, 03/19/15: Please see " Higher Ed/Library Views Impact Final Net Neutrality Order " for information on how higher education/library concerns mentioned below are addressed in t…
- U.S. Dept. of Ed. Links State Authorization and Gainful Employment Regs.
October 31, 2014
Russ Poulin, Deputy Director of Research and Analysis at WCET, has posted an initial update on the U.S. Department of Education's new gainful employment regulations and the suprising link th…
- Higher Ed Raises Concerns, Works with Proponents of the TEACH Act
October 23, 2014
In September, EDUCAUSE and a number of other higher education associations released an analysis of the Technology, Equality, and Accessibility in College and Higher Education (TEACH) Ac…