Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing & Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2e.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- The CIO Minute: Learning to Say No
December 8, 2014
Joanne Kossuth, CIO for the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, explains why saying no can help drive innovation and strategic thinking. …
- The CIO Minute: Less Emphasis on Technology?
November 24, 2014
November 24, 2014 ERO141108 …
- The CIO Minute: What Drives Investment in Technology?
October 13, 2014
Eric Denna, CIO for the University of Maryland, talks about the four factors that drive investment in technology. Eric Denna, CIO for the Un…
- Teaching and Learning: Four Big Ideas for What’s Next
September 15, 2014
Kyle Bowen talks about four emerging concepts that help reimagine the dynamics of teaching and learning. Kyle Bowen talks about fou…
- The CIO Minute: Daryl Ford, Lesley University
August 25, 2014
In his role as CIO for Lesley University, Daryl Ford has learned to manage perception versus reality. In this quick take, Ford gives three tips for CIOs to get quick wins at their institution and…
- Challenges in ERP Strategy
July 14, 2014
Higher Education IT Leaders talk about some of the challenges around administrative systems strategy. Higher Education IT Leaders talk ab…
- The CIO Minute: Ravi Ravishanker
June 30, 2014
Ravi Ravishanker, CIO for Wellesley College, talks about MOOCs post-hype. Ravi Ravishanker, CIO for Wellesley College, talks about MOO…
- Bryan Alexander: A Digital Scholarship Scenario
June 16, 2014
Hear how digital scholarship could transform publications, offering the promise of greater engagement, wider dispersion, and deeper learning. …
- MIT's Micah Altman on Digital Scholarship
June 2, 2014
Micah Altman is director of research for MIT Libraries. In this interview he discusses how digital scholarship has unbundled scholarly works. . …
- The CIO Minute: Ted Dodds
May 19, 2014
Ted Dodds, CIO for Cornell University, talks about an important sequence in becoming a true leader: aspiration followed by action. …