Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has developed several cloud security resources. For additional resources, please consider visiting related topics such as Data Privacy, Data Security, or Risk Management.
- Cloud Computing Security
- Cloud Computing & Software as a Service (SaaS) - See section 9.4, item 2e.
- Cloud Data Storage Solutions: Dropbox Security & Privacy Considerations (Note: Although this resource outlines security concerns and issues for Dropbox, the considerations can easily be applied to other products such as box.net, CrashPlan, Skydrive, and SpiderOak.)
- Data Classification Toolkit
- Data Protection Contractual Language
- Mobile Internet Device Security Guidelines
- Risk Management Framework
- Top Trends of Information Security and Privacy in Higher Education
EDUCAUSE Staff Picks
Cloud Security Debate: Cloud Now or Cloud How?, EDUCAUSE Review, December 2012.
Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 2012.
7 Things You Should Know About Cloud Security, EDUCAUSE 7 Things You Should Know, September 2010.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Cloud Security
- Microsoft Live@edu
June 26, 2008
Live@edu is a suite of applications - mobile, desktop and web-based - to help students collaborate on campus. The resource links below include the Microsoft Live@edu Main Page; Microsoft Live@edu…
- Google Apps Education Edition
June 25, 2008
Google Apps Education Edition is email, calendar, and collaboration tools right from the browser. The resource links below include the Google Apps Education Edition main page with introductory in…
- Information Security Risk Assessment Consultants List
March 14, 2008
The Risk Assessment Consultants List is intended as an aid to schools seeking a place to start looking for risk assessment vendors. It provides links to referencing institutions which may be able…
- Roam Secure
July 23, 2007
This web site provides information on The Roam Secure Alert Network. This vendor provides emergency communication via text messaging on cell phones, PDAs, e-mail, and instant messaging. …
- Spyware Guide
January 1, 2004
The Spyware Guide was created to provide an all inclusive and updated resource on spyware applications, what they do and how they're used. These resources include: which software applications …